It is much more difficult to present in a compelling way if you are sitting down. Eye-lines are crucial. If possible, work out who are the most important individuals present, and then arrange to sit where you don’t have to twist around to look them in the eye.
To deliver your material with the right level of impact, you must convince yourself to feel as though you are standing up.
You should also:
- Speak with the energy of someone who is the main guest at a dinner party
- Make the volume of your voice 5% louder than in casual conversation
- Sit upright to maximise your height
- Swivel your head to engage everyone at the table
- Have your hands loosely in front of you on the table, so that they are able to move with the flow of what you are saying
If you use these tips, they will make you the most convincing person in the room.